Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cycling over CNY Break

Super busy since I started working in early Jan so was happy to take a few days of leave to enjoy an extended CNY break.

Since many of us were not working on CNY eve, we wanted to do a different route from our usual Tue & Thur 5am ride and roll off from Big Splash to LH & back to ECP via the Punggol route.

Unfortunately I went over a metal grating just a minute after turning out from BS. Usually there wouldn't be a problem but because the ground was still slightly wet from last night rain, I had a tyre pinch & went down so quickly.

My cycling kakis who saw how I crashed & was pinned down under my bike were all amazed how "unhurt" I was. The guys very quickly got into action & managed to fix my punctured wheels so that I could still complete the 70km ride. Awesome bunch!


Damage done: palm size blue-black at right thigh & a fifty cents abrasion at the left shoulder.



Still it didn't deter me from biking again. Bike on 5th day of CNY & went shopping for biking gear.. Covered 4 bike shops & 2 sports shop with Amos.
Damage done: an super nice OGK helmet & cool Scott jersey.

Best thing is, brought my bike for servicing after > 1.5years & was lucky to find a crack on the alum frame which is covered by warranty.


My potential new frame replacement. Unfortunately it's not my desired colour scheme so I'm planning to sell it which means a new bike is soon coming my way!

Hmm, thought it's bad timing! Was hopping to train my legs better before upgrading. Never believe in mechanical doping! Gotta train harder to my peak fitness level before baby Kara arrived in our lives.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment