Sunday, May 1, 2011

BKK Eat-Shop-Rest Trip

28 Apr (Thurs)
I'm up again @ 3.30am after a short 2 hours rest again to pump milk before getting ready for the airport. Nothing new to me as I wake up at such early hour at least once a week to bike (yes, crazy I know!).

We left home @ 4.30am so that there's time to shop around @ DFS. Yay!

As always, I hardly travel light. 20kg versus Gerald's 9.2kg. My Tip of the day: always pack worn out clothes to BKK so that they can be trash & the suitcase is free for new buys. :)


My original Shopping List for DFS:

Mask
Shu Uemura moisturizer
Orgins Leg Lift
Orgins Peace of Mind

Ended up getting 20pcs of SKII masks & the following on top of my initial shopping list. *horrors*

Origins Mask Set
Victoria Secret Lip Gloss
Body Shop Foot scrub

Total damage done... $515.60 even before boarding the plane!

Our 1st trip after almost 1.5 years! Last trip was NZ in Jan 2010 when Baby Kara was conceived. *can't wait*


Arrived at BKK shortly after and this time round, instead of taking cab to the city, we took the Airport transfer which is quick & hassle-free.


Hotel Vie is just a short 5mins walk from Ratchathewi BTS Station.





The suite was far better than I have anticipated! It's new, spacious & comfy (perfect for a semi-relax holiday). *melts*





Went to my fav Siam Paragon & was pleased to find the shops are pretty much the same. Paragon department store is still huge & looking good. I wanna buy lingerie!

Late lunch @ MK Gold (Siam Paragon B1) Yummilious!


Went to great length to find this shop @ Silom Soi 5 that sells original Carter baby wear. Romper, cap, bib & socks set @ only Sgd $20. Too much of a hassle to hunt the shop down though. :(

Pretty bibs from Platinum readily available at @ Sgd 2.50 each!


Cute romper sets for June & Norliza who are delivering soon.


My good buys from Platinum :)


29 Apr (Fri)

Was craving for a nice hotel breakfast for the longest time so today is relax day!








Swimming at the suspended pool & slacking half a day in the room = awesome break!


Siam Discovery Centre & Siam Centre


Coffee @ Greyhound (Siam Paragon L2)











Our loot from Loft @ Siam Discovery Centre. The Ghana chocolate costs a whopping Sgd 5+ for 9 small cookies is really yummy!

Coffee break @ Greyhound cost only Sgd 15 (about the same price as the 3 boxes of cookies from Loft)!


More Shopping at Paragon Department Store. Lingerie for me & shirts for Gerald & of course, something nice for our Baby Kara.


Dinner @ Spring & Summer (Sukhumvit Soi 49) Recommended by Gerald's colleague & they serve yummy Thai fusion cuisine.





Chillout at garden area with plush cushion


"Better Than Sex" on the menu = Chocolate fondant with hazelnut & fresh cream = Uber Yummy!


30 Apr (Sat)
Up bright & early for our battle @ Chatuchak!


Refresh & recharge with chin chow & brown sugar


My loot from Chatuchak!





For our precious Baby Kara. Can't wait to hold her in my arms!


Coffee @ Vanilla Garden (Ekamai 12) recommended by Adrian.


Nice bookshop!


The unagi steam egg is delicious. But prefer the food at Spring & Summer as the Thai fusion cuisine is more unique.


Luv the chocolate banana crepe cake & my ice matcha drink.


Outdoor sitting area @ Vanilla Garden


Back to Siam Square for more shopping! Cheap Boots milk bag at half the price!


Since we've time, decided to visit the salon & finally found one that open till late.


Was worried I'll end up with a shocking colour. It turned out well except that I've again cut my fringe too short. Sigh! *Miss Nerdy*

Supper @ Chinatown
Must have = Coconut bird nest & sharks fin. We tried the prawn vermicelli & I luv it!


1 May (Sun)
Lunch @ Siam Square. Their fried chicken wing is delicious & we have to eat this every trip to BKK!





Manicure & Pedicure @ Siam Square followed by more last minute shopping. Gerald shopped around alone while waiting for me to finish Mt manicure & he returned with a romper & bathe toys for Baby Kara. Sweet Daddy!

Final Dinner @ Ootoya (Siam Paragon) A little disappointed as I thought it didn't taste as good compared to the OC branch in Sg!


Gerald hard at work.. Helping me with my HUGE luggage & getting the train ticket for our journey to the airport. Something easily taken for granted but I'm thankful he takes good care of me at times!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment