Monday, September 19, 2011

Cyclone Road Race

Mummy took part in her first mass start road race today.  Here's the gang of cool JRs!


Support crew was great!
Moving towards the start line...



Midway through the race I was telling myself I didn't enjoy the race.  The pace was not super fast (slower than my weekly Thurs monster training ride) but tactical instead.  1 rider would sprint forward & everyone else starts to chase then pace drops so the person in front didn't want to be pulling for long & everyone was just waiting for each other.  The female cycling scene is also very small, there's just a handful of rides but surprisingly bitchy!

Unfortunately I got a crash < 20m from the finishing line.
The lady who sprinted so hard she lost control of her bike & brought me down too.
Not in a good shape but still merry-making!
Ended up visiting the 24 hour emergency @ 12+
Pity! 20 mins before the finish line so it's a DNF =(

No comments:

Post a Comment