Saturday, March 3, 2012

Backdated Post: OCBC 2012 =(

My free race bib for being the OCBC Cycling 2012 poster gal...
Our group was excited to start early & in the front pack...  Arriving at the start line super early!


Unfortunately 2 minutes after the start line, at the first right turn, I went down alongside with a few other riders.  I guess the floor was wet & everyone jammed break so I couldn't avoid the pileup. =(
Immediately after falling, I was feeling OK & was all ready to get on the bike but realize the brakes were running against the wheel after the impact of the fall so couldn't ride on which was really disappointing!

It's amazing I was chatting with another guy who also fell & couldn't ride on and similarly, he had a hunch that he'll fall that day! I had the hunch & the word "hospital" came into my mind the night before while laying in bed.  Told myself I can't let anything bad happen to me cos Gerald is on business trip & Kara is waiting at home for me to return safely.
The gang of proud finishers!

No doubt it was disappointing.. a DNF (did not finish) ride, missed the opportunity to possibly come in 1st in the female category & damage to my rear wheels.  Nonetheless, it was another important lesson in life... learn to let go & internal peace will come!


No comments:

Post a Comment