Sunday, May 6, 2012

1st Triathlon @ 6 May 2012!

2010 focus on coping with pregnancy & taking a backseat from sport.
2011 (Last year) focus was recovery from pregnancy & delivery, building up the fitness & coping with being a new mother.  Sport wise was getting really strong especially with biking & Bali Audax of 200KM over 2 days was done without much difficulty.  Work wise was a breakthrough too with my biggest & most challenging project successfully launched.

2012 - is a new season of appreciating how blessed we are!  
Baby Kara is healthy & extremely smiley (melts our heart everyday!).
Work wise was a new breakthrough with a new team & portfolio & rewarded sufficiently.
Blessed to have family support to start my part-time MBA programme with Manchester Business School.
Sport wise was getting more balance with taking breaks here & there without feeling too much guilt.
- Bikram Yoga helped improve my flexibility & it's great to find a place so conveniently located whose schedule fits before heading to work. 
- Jogging these days is with the great company of Gerald whom we can push each other instead of slagging!
- Swimming is back to weekly Monday swim lessons with SeaMonsta @ conveniently located Pasir Ris pool that is 5 mins from the MRT.
- Biking is taking slightly less priority due to frequent travels & many late working nights.

Nonetheless I'm glad to be able to do my 1st Tri this year. Despite the Mini distance of 250m Swim / 20Km Bike / 2.5Km Run, it's awesome to overcome the fear of swimming in the open sea!
New Moon Triathlon was perfect start for me.  Not too competitive & sets the basic for the Sprint distance hopefully in August.

Getting ready @ Transition Area:

 Men start line..

   Women start for Mini category is certainly less competitive.
  
Nervous at the start line. LoL

 Here I come!









Swim leg was certainly not as daunting as I imagined.  Was fortunate I was in the middle of the pack so this certainly boasted my confidence to try a sprint distance this year. =)



 Bike was certainly my strongest! 20 Km was no kick & I could overtake many many follow riders. =)





  Definitely need more brick training! Running after bike always gives me stitches.
Crossing the finish line feels great!  Enpowers me greatly! Nothing is too difficult so long as you dream about it & work hard towards it.



Great to have Gerald coming to support me though out the race! Great pics & it's different when you know someone is there waiting for you. Make me want to go faster to reach the finish line. =)
Great company for the race =)
  

 Checking the results on the spot & pleasantly surprise by the results!
4th position for the Female & 16-39  age group Category (out of 35 competitors), 11 secs away from the 2nd runner up, & 19th/121 position overall.  Nice for the 1st triathlon attempt =)



My favorite pic that serves to motivate me when the tough gets going from July onwards when I embark on my "back-to studies-journey" while balancing the busy work life & family.

No comments:

Post a Comment